How can I describe my great-grandmother?
- Everyone calls her ‘Granny.’ (Even her cousin who is the same age!)
- She is 94 years old. Yet, you are likely to find her raking her yard several times a week.
- Just a few years ago on a senior-citizen trip, she decided to show-off by climbing the kid’s playset and sliding down a super-steep slide.
- She’s an INCREDIBLE cook! Personal favorites include dressing, pecan pie & vegetable soup (using only fresh vegetables, of course).
- And, as told by my sister, “Every time I’ve ever been to the Chick-fil-A Dwarf House with her, she goes through the tiny kid’s door.”
- One more reason? Her humor and wisdom landed her on the cover of Neighborhood News, and featured in a monthly column called, “Ask Granny.”
Although I had wanted a big family picture for a while, it took one of my clients losing her dad unexpectedly to make me realize how important family pictures really are. I knew then how great it would be to have a BIG family picture taken with Granny. A few weeks and emails later, our family met up at my grandparent’s house for pictures. Here’s a few of my favorites….
Granny + Ross: 5 generations…
As you can see, Granny was pretty popular that day… Although I love this picture of my grandparents with my kids and nephew…
…I love the one that came before it even more!
We were waiting for Sissy-Lu-Lu (aka: Rayna) to get her doll out of the car and this is what was happening behind the scenes..
I will probably always treasure this picture which includes my parents, grandparents, sister, brother-in-law and nephew… Here’s one (of many) of our family group shots. Grant Norwood was nice enough to come by with his camera to take our group shot…
I read a great article today about the reasons people don’t schedule family pictures. (Take a second to read it!) Bottom line, everyone has their own excuses why now is not a good time for family pictures. However, family pictures are sooo important! Don’t wait until it’s too late. If you’re anything like me, you’ll be so thankful you did!
I fell in love with these pictures. They truly capture what family is all about it! Very inspirational!! Great photos!
Love, love, LOVE these!!! Thanks for organizing the session. The pictures are amazing, I know everyone will treasure them!
I love them!! This was a great day! Thanks for putting this together!!!
Christy, I LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!!! It brought tears to my eyes seeing everyone! We have known your family forever! We love all of you!! Great job!
What a beautiful FARMILY …. you all are BLESSED!
Wow! What a great post! So nice to see everyone all “grown-up”, Granny looks exactly the same, she never ages, guess I need to rake my yard more! Amazing!
[…] all my wonderful clients in Arizona!) that you love and feel comfortable with. As I mentioned in another post, you’ll be so happy you’ve documented all the laughs, hugs, kisses and even […]
I know Granny is soo proud of these pictures…they are truly priceless. A true treasure 🙂